In some cases, you may need to re-authenticate your user account to the data source for the connector. The below instructions show you how to do this, using Facebook Ads as an example. Similar steps work for most Supermetrics connectors.
1. In a Google Sheets file, click on Add-ons → Supermetrics → Launch to open the sidebar.
- If the sidebar is already open, make sure you are not actively editing an existing query. If you are, first select Exit to stop modifying the query, and place the cursor in an empty cell with no query in it. You cannot reset the authentication while a query is actively being edited.
2. Click on the Data Source section in the sidebar to expand it, and scroll down to the data source you need to re-authenticate.
3. Click the arrow next to the data source name to expand it.
- If you don't see the arrow as shown in the image, it is likely a UI glitch caused by the known Google Account Management bug. Follow the workaround in this article: Authentication-, HTTP- or Script errors.
4. Click on the link to Log out all to log out of all user accounts currently being used for that data source.
- You will be asked if you want to continue to log out. Confirm you wish to log out by clicking on the Log out button to proceed.
5. To log back in, again scroll down to the data source in the list and click on the name.
- A new window or tab will open in your browser to start the login process. Follow the prompts to log back in to the data source with your account.
- NOTE - Some data sources may use your browser cookies to log you in automatically. If you don't want to automatically use that account, make sure to log out first in the browser version of the data source platform before proceeding.
- If you need to add more than one account, click on the arrow next to the connector to expand it and click the link to + Add new user.
6. Refresh the queries that used this connector to ensure the re-authentication was successful.