You will need to create a custom data source for your web property so that the Uploader can work properly. Here is how to do that:
Note that uploading data requires Admin level access rights to the Google Analytics web property.
- Navigate to https://analytics.google.com/ and sign-in with your account.
- Click the cog icon in the lower left corner to open the Admin panel.
- Select the Account and then web Property for which you want to create a custom data source.
- Select Data Import near the bottom of the Property column.
- Click Create.
- Under "Summary Data Import", select the option for Cost Data. Click Continue.
- Give the data set a Name and select which Views (profiles) to link to the custom data source. The uploaded "Cost Data" for this source will then appear in the selected views' reports.
- Click Continue to go to the last section of setup.
- For the "Data set schema", you can select any fields, it doesn't matter what you select as our tool will override these settings. Also, it doesn't matter what you select as "Import behavior", our tool will always run uploads as overwrites (meaning a new upload will overwrite rows in any older uploads to the same custom data source that have the same dimension values).
- Click Save, and then click Done to finish the setup process.
- Go back to the Uploader interface and try to configure the upload using your new custom data source.
- Once the new upload has been saved and has had a chance to run (usually within 24 hours after you have saved the configuration), you should now see the data under Acquisition->Campaigns->Cost Analysis section of the Google Analytics interface for the selected web property.