Supermetrics Support Forum

How to show SEMrush visibility in Data Studio?

Hi,

I want to track the SEMrush visibility of my domains in Data Studio, but I can not figure out how. Is there anyone who was able to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Nathaniel

• Hi Nathaniel,

Can you clarify what you mean by "visibility"? I don't find that this is a metric in SEMRush itself, so I assume you mean something else by that.

Also see:
    Getting Started - SEMrush Analytics

-Thank you
    Supermetrics Team
  • Hi Jessica,

Visibility is the score on how you rank for all your keywords (0% means that you do not rank at any keyword and 100% means you that you rank on 1 for every keyword). If you go in SEMRush to Projects -> Position Tracking, you can see this score.

I hope it is clear now and I am looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Nathaniel,

Thanks for clarifying! I couldn't find it as you were talking Analytics, but you actually meant Projects. 

So the beta connector for SEMRush Projects is basically non-functional right now, so that is probably why you can't figure it out as it's given back bogus results. It has some critical flaws that we need to re-work and re-release as a new public beta. That's something we have planned in the coming months to get the new and improved version out for testing.

So please disregard the current beta version for now, and we will announce when the updated version is available for testing so you can retry this.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Allright thank you for clarifying. I will wait till the new version is live.

• Hello. 

Has the stable version of connector for SEMRush Projects been launched?

• Hi All,

So we have done some investigation on the reported issues of SEMRush Projects, and have found that most "problems" are actually due to the fact their API does not match their UI. Not that there's a problem with the connector per se, but that it does not meet expectations due to this mismatch in behavior.

Some fields you can see in the UI simply aren't available or that they have a similar name but report totally different data. So this makes it both difficult to make a report that matches the UI and to verify discrepancies.

So in light of this, we want to try to figure out where the actual bugs and feature gaps are, as well as what are API limitations preventing users from getting the report they expect. If you have had issues with the current version of the SEMRush Projects connector, please submit a private ticket with the following details:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/tickets/new

-Link to the report with the issue

-Describe what fields are missing/wrong

-Screenshot of the data from SEMRush Projects UI showing what the values should be

From these we will find out if it's a API limitation, a bug, or a missing feature and act accordingly.

We're sorry for the problems and delays with this beta connector, we're hoping we can fix what we can and document what is not possible to make this easier to use properly.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment