Supermetrics Support Forum

LinkedIn Pages: Can't see impressions for a single Update

Hi

The query type "Update details" provides only metrics for amount of updates, comments and likes. Is there a work around to provide impressions as well?

I tried to use the function "blend data" to combine "Update details" and "Historical shares" but it didn't work because they don't have the same dimensions

I would like to have a table as described below:

(Dimensions)Date|Submitted image|Content Text|URL|  => (Metrics)|Impressions|Likes|Shares|Comments

(see screenshot as well)

Is there a solution for my problem?

Thank you so much.

Best

Simon

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.
    In the Update Details report type, that is unfortunately all we can get. Impressions and Shares are under a different report type in LinkedIn API, "Share totals" or "Historical share statistics". 

A work around would be to do a data blend two instances of the same data source, the two report types "Update details" and "Historical share statistics" with Date as the Join Key. Read more: Using DS Data Blending Feature With Supermetrics  

Best regards,
    Heidi / Supermetrics team
  • Hi,

Is there a time period limit on the Update Details data? I can't seem to pull data older than 40 days.

• Hi Riyad,

Apologies, there is an issue with the pagination of Update Details data, and the fix for this issue should be live by mid next week.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Thanks Heidi for the update. Another question regarding your proposed solution above. What would be the scenario when you have multiple posts on the same date? It would've been great if the "Historical Share Statistics" report included "Post ID".

• Hi,

We've included all possible dimensions and metrics from the LinkedIn Company Pages API into our connector, and unfortunately this goes for "Historical Share Statistics" as well, which means we can't add something like "Post ID" there. This is because of LinkedIn API limitation.

I hope you're able to find a suitable workaround to achieve what you look for.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

Login to post a comment