Supermetrics Support Forum

copying queries from one Google doc to another

I want to move (or copy) a sheet (that contains probably about 40-50 individual supermetrics queries) from one Google doc to another. is there a way to do that (keeping the live supermetrics queries, not just the pasted values) between different Google docs?

• Hi Shannon,

Probably the simplest way is to use the "Duplicate this file for another account" feature. You will find it in the add-on menu (Add-ons->Supermetrics->Duplicate this file for another account). It will ask you to swap the accounts for the data sources used in the file, create a copy of the file in the drive, and then refresh the queries.

I hope this helps!

​-Thank you
    Supermetrics Team
  • This 'Duplicate file for another account' feature seems to have some issues: whenever I use it, it creates a copy, creates new queries but whenever I change the Tab names it messes everything up so I have to delete all the newly created queries and create them all from scratch, rendering the whole process pointless. So frustrating. Am I missing a step or something during the duplication process?

• Even I have tried to copy my Salesforce related file using the duplicate file for another account option but as mentioned above it is getting some error like modify tab titles and all, it's quite complex to render the whole process, isn't it? Is there any step by step process or instructions to execute this?

• Hi All,

Here's the manual method to copy queries from one Sheet to another:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000050068-query-placement-and-how-to-move-queries#moveToOtherFile

The same guide it also describes how to correct the range address (under Method #2 in the above section) as that might be part of what is messing up when you rename the tabs (it *should* handle that automagically, but maybe it's not and you need to correct them manually).

If you still have issues with the renaming of tabs, please submit a new support request so we can check into it and make a bug report:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/tickets/new

-Thank you

Supermetrics team

Login to post a comment