Start a new topic
Solved

Schedule refresh not working

Hi I've added a trigger for schedule refresh but it's not updating the data.

I set it up at 12:30pm for a 1pm refresh, waited an hour but no data was updated.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the issue with triggers.

Currently Google Sheets is the one running scheduled refreshes on sheets and it sets limits on how long these processes can run per hour. Usually this time is around 6 minutes or so. As this runtime is shared between all your sheets that use triggers, with many files and queries refreshing at the same time, they are not always be completed in time and they are instead pushed to the next hour. This is the most common reason for delays with triggers.

You should check if you have any files that use triggers which you do not need anymore. Triggers in those files might be delaying your scheduled refreshes. Also, please check if there are any such files in you recycle bin. Remove them permanently as triggers on those remain usually active regardless of their location. Please find all your triggers by navigating in Sheets to Add-ons > Supermetrics > Schedule refresh & emailing > Manage triggers in all your files.

Best regards,

Supermetrics team

Ok, i'm not sure if thats the issues though, I mean how long should it really take I've been waiting hours for it to update. 

I've tried pressing the process all triggers now button and it still doesn't update - is that what's causing the email triggers I've got setup on completely different sheets to all be sent?....

I've only just started using Supermetrics so only have 2 triggers setup.

Hi,

if a query is updated within one hour before the trigger is supposed to run (or the Process all triggers button is clicked) then nothing will update as the results are cached. 

If you have emailing triggers, the Process all triggers now -button presses will trigger the email send. It literally processes all triggers.

My advice is, set up the triggers as you want them to be and give them at least one trigger run cycle to see if they really work (in other words at least 24 hours with daily triggers). Avoid manual refreshes on the sheet if possible.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

Hi Heidi, 

Ok great thank you, I did that and the schedule worked! =)

Login or Signup to post a comment