Start a new topic

Facebook Insights: Reach Metric doesn't match

Hi 

The supermetrics data for facebook reach differs badly to the facebook original data (for total, organic, paid).

Facebook: Total Reach for Jan 2018:     1'753'057

Supermetrics: Total Reach for Jan 2018:  466'108

Also the data for organic reach (19'988) + paid reach (402'397) differs and doesn't sum up to the total reach. 

And there's a second issue: I get different data if i connect supermetrics via the admin account or an analyst account to the same data source for facebook insights.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance & best regards, 

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

The total reach being different than organic + paid reach is a documented issue in the API. Per the Facebook Graph API for Page Impressions and Page Post Impressions:

Note that the unique impression insights values are calculated independently. Total page/post reach may not always be exactly equal to the sum of viral_unique and organic_unique.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v2.12/insights

However, that doesn't explain the pretty sizable difference in the Total Reach values themselves. For the Facebook data shown in the screenshot, that is from one of the "Export Data" reports in the Insights overview? Can you tell me if that's the page or post data one, and then I can check if I can repro the discrepancy with our data.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hi Jessica

We too are having the same issue. We use the page reach export in FB and are seeing a huge discrepancy. Any updates? 

Hi All,

We found some discrepancy issues with Organic Reach specifically (Paid and Total seem to be okay when checked against the Insights export report). This has been escalated to the developer for investigation.

If you are having issues with one of the other reach values, please submit a private ticket with the details about the discrepancy - pleases include screenshots of the different values and the query you are using.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

I noticed that Organic Reach is the sum of all days of 28 days Organic Reach and that is not correct! It is duplicating people for each day of the month as the metric gives the people reached between the time frame of 28 days and could not the sum up because it counts unique people. Please revise it URGENTLY!

Hi Ana,

Can you provide a specific example of this? In most cases this is caused by a user configuration error and not the connector, so I want to see what you are doing that causes this to happen.

Also note as mentioned above there's a known discrepancy issue with Organic Reach's value we already know about and are working to address.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hi Jessica, Jouni.

We too are having the same issue, could you help us. 

the first two are from Insight and the last two from Ads.

if i put a post filter, recognize the different connector? (Ads and Insight )?

thanks

Hi Gonzalo,

This sounds like it might be a slightly different problem. Can you submit a private ticket for this and if possible give support@supermetrics.com edit access to the file and the link to it so we can check if it really is changing connectors.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment