Start a new topic
Solved

Facebook Ads: Combine custom conversions with offline conversions in a single query

Hi Supermetrics,

Is it possible in the Facebook Ads connector for Google Sheets to combine specific custom conversions with standard offline conversions within a single query

I'm retrieving the specific custom conversion as follows:

- Metric: Actions

- Split by: Action type

- Filter: Action type contains 1234567891234567

And I wish to combine with Website purchases

Hi Toben,

if I understand your goal correctly, with that kind of query, you should already get both custom conversions and offline conversions in to your results. Do you mean that your filter is preventing you from seeing some of the conversions you need? Then just modify your filter(s) as you can create multiple one with "or" function.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi Jouni,

If I try to select Purchase as an extra metric beside Actions, then I get the error: "Query failed..."

Please see screen dump below.

But should I just go with Actions as the only metric, and instead add an extra filter to catch 'Website purchases' beside the to custom conversions?

Best regards,

Torben

Hi Torben,

now I understand what you're after. Unfortunately those cannot be fetched at the same time in the same query. This restriction comes from Facebooks API and unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about it. I suggest doing a separate query for Offsite conversions and Custom conversions. You can of course do them side by side if you need to see them in the same place (or use lookup functions).

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi Jouni,

Actually it is possible... your idea send me in the right direction. If I just add 'Action type' contains "purchase", then I get Website purchases as well.

But I'm still not able to combine with other metrics such as impressions etc due to the limitations in the API. So I'll go with to separate queries as suggested.

Thank you for your help :-)

Best regards,

Torben

Login or Signup to post a comment