Start a new topic

Google AdWords Query | Query failed: Incompatible fields

I have tried pulling Adwords Display only performance stats and have it sorted by date and ad group name.  I have also tried to split by ad group labels.  For some reason, I keep getting this error if I try to split by ad group name or label:

Query failed: Incompatible fields Date,Adgroupname,AdvertisingChannelType,Cost,Clicks,Impressions,Conversions IllegalDimensionMetricCombinationException

Any help would be appreciated.

"Ad group name" and "Advertising channel type" cannot be used in the same query. Remove one of these and your query should work.

Best regards,

Jouni Hyötylä

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum:

Hi Jouni,

With regards to this same issue, may I check does it also mean if "Ad Group Name" is used in the Dimensions, then "Advertising Channel Type" may not be used even as the filter? 

Kind Regards,

Hi Mervyn,

you are correct. You cannot use the other type in filter either with this query. These restrictions are coming from the data source and unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about it.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Thanks Jouni for your prompt update. Would there be a workaround then if I only want to see campaign and ad group level data for SEM-only or GDN-only campaigns.

Login or Signup to post a comment